Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a letter of concern

Jan 19 2010

Student 806078
123 Assignment street
Englishtown, Grade Twelve
School 111 000

123 Main Street
Coach Guy
British Columbia
Canada V2A 1W3

Dear Coach Guy:
My name is Student 806078 and it has come to my attention of your prefer ed style of coaching. I congratulate on your current success in your feild of coaching. I understand that this may be your first time coaching and i appreciate that your giving your time to organize the team.


I am concerned that some of the players may be not be active or included as they should be. I have been told that you arrive at unscheduled times on practice nights and while there, organization is disfunctional. I am aware that some of the players do not receive the maximum or minimum amount of playtime during games. There have also been accounts of the use of profane language and a large emphasis on winning.

I understand the position you are in of organizing and maintaining a team of approximately 17 players, along with the scheduling of games and practices and finding positions to field the players. All the while no doubt working a full or part time job or dealing with other life problems.

I have come up with a list of suggestions to follow through with. Scheduled practices can be moved to more convenient times for you and the players to arrive on time, should you expect not to be there send a notification to the co-coach to allow him to take over. Many of the players on sports are not there to win every single time, even though winning is nice, they joined to play the sport and enjoy themselves while playing and getting exercise. The players of the team all are amountable to minimum game time. More organization could be arranged into the practices.
I thank you for taking the time to read through my concerns, I appreciate it greatly and hope you can incorporate some of my ideas into practices in the future. Please contact me if you any information on how i can help.

sincerely

Student 806078

1 comment:

  1. All assignments are complete. Lots of detail in each. You need to polish your writing, however. Spell check would pick up many errors, lower case i's etc. Good luck on the provincial!

    ReplyDelete