Monday, December 14, 2009

expository essay

Sitting quietly awaiting the decision, not to nervous but interested to know the results. The room is silent, some chatter begins amongst the room as the teacher arrives in front of me and I receive the first test results of my life, scoring an average 15/20 on a spelling test. At the moment i was unaware to the long chain of results and disappointments to follow in the steps of maturity in the near future. Soon i would graduate through the minuscule education process of elementry with enough basic knowledge to continue on.

Years later I find myself applying for my first job at the all famous prosperous franchise of Tim Horton's, with ambitions set. I quickly learn one of my first lessons of the real world, rejection. Applying everywhere and receiving no calls. Eventually though, I would find a place to work over the course of the next 3 years. Once again, I did not know the extreme impact on that this would have on my life. With this job i would accumulate a large amount of money stockpiling in a bank account over those 3 years. I would not let the money just standstill in an account, I would go forth and open savings bonds which would be useful in the near future.

I soon found myself in need of buying a vehicle and the money I saved found good use. It was then that I found another lesson of the real world, expenses. I never thought about the many expenses that come with the possession of a car, as i thought that buying the car would be the most expensive. With it came many responsibilities, the fact that you risk the lives of others every time you step into the vehicle as well as your own. The price of gas, winter tires and other general car accessories. These events in my life have taught me a sense of maturity. The ability to juggle an ever growing in difficulty education, maintain a presence in the workforce and balance the many finances in life have proved the maturity in those events

No comments:

Post a Comment